Obsessive Creative Disorder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Obsessive Creative Disorder

roleplay forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Shipwreck

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 22]

1The Shipwreck Empty The Shipwreck Thu May 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Admin

Admin

umm lets see....just a trial run people...
as the waves crashed harder around him and the wind picked up speed, Shand began to realize that maybe he had underestimated the power and intensity of this storm.

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

https://theintertwinedhasocd.forumotion.com

2The Shipwreck Empty oooh can i reply to myself? Thu May 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Admin

Admin

yes! yes i can! woooohoooo! kwehwark... Wink

3The Shipwreck Empty ^o^ Happy times start now? Thu May 26, 2011 5:42 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

Why yes, yes you can Wink
Is this your way of saying it's time to start our first RP? Very Happy Surprised

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

(oh dear..how did i start?...)
It was a night like any other..in and out of sleep, in thought out of thought..she turned her head over to the clock on her wall. it wasnt even midnight. she sighed, it was going to be a long night if she just laid in bed like this. there was a creak at the other end of the room; she lifted her head and saw Pharris sneaking in through the door with a handle full of cookies. quietly, she sat up and cleared her throat. he turned to her then frowned and walked out to put the cookies away, his face saying what he was thinking, "I thought everyone was asleep." sighing, she got out of bed, grabbed her coat and walked out her room, walked down the stairs and out the door. she stopped on the porch, took a deep breath, and continued off the porch. "where are you going?" she expected someone to question her leaving but not her, not the council daughter, "why do you care?" the daughter simply put her hands on her hips and eyed her, "you're sneaking somewhere, arent you, samantha?" samantha still couldnt understand why she cared, "no, i'm not sneaking...i wasnt trying to avoid anyone seeing me, i'm simply leaving." the council daughter just continued to eye her, "You're going to see shand, arent you?" an evil smile formed on her mouth. samantha hadnt planned on it but now that she thought about it, visiting the pirate didnt sound like a bad idea..sounded like a great idea. "i wasnt planning on it.." she lied, hoping the daughter wouldnt follow her on her new course but the daughter followed her as she began to walk away, "what you meant to say is 'hadnt thought about it but now i am'." samantha frowned and walked in silence. *am i really that easy to read?* they made it to micaela's house but the object that usually sat in the yard, the one she was looking, for wasnt here. *where did he take his ship?* she thought about it briefly..there was no water extremely close but there was some not extremely far away..the question was, "how did he get the ship over to it?" the daughter simply eyed samantha, "you think he went sailing." samantha sighed, she wasnt fond of the council daughter since the valentines day ordeal and hated traveling with her, especially when it had to do something with shand. she took off down the road in silence towards the only place shand could be. when the two made it to the body of water, which was too small to be an ocean but much too large to be a lake, she scanned it. she cut her eyes to one side when she saw a movement out the side of them. the daughter had taken off towards a dock where a ship was floating at the end of it. Samantha took off after her, trying desperately to catch up and beat her to it. when they both got up to the side of the ship, they looked up the side of the ship at the railing waiting. they heard footsteps on the deck and she could feel a slight smile on her face as she identified who it was by the beat of their walk...it was sad how well she could do that. when the person appeard, the sun behind him made it impossible to see any detail of him, just his outline. both the girls took a step back and looked up again, now it was obvious who it was. samantha glanced at the daughter who was smiling evily and flirtaciously.

(i tried to get past the part where there was no shand for you to be Wink )

5The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Tue May 31, 2011 11:48 am

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

(This is all word by word from the texts so I'm not putting words into your [Shand's] mouth. Wink )

Shand saw her standing on the dock and began to wave maniacally, "Ah, Buttercup!" As he waved, he saw the council daughter, "Ahhhh, Gremelin, hello to you too..." The daughter put her hands on her hips and stared up at him with a fake hurt face, "That's not my name-" Shand cut her off, "Yeah, don't think you ever got one, so gremelin, eh, it fits...back to pertinent conversation, where was I...Ah! Buttercup! Hello, Dearheart! Swing on up?"
Quickly, she glanced to the council daughter who had crossed her arms. Samantha sighed...she might have some unresolved anger and issues with the daughter, but she did "create" *...why not be alittle polite?* She turned her attention back up to where Shand was leaning on the railing, waiting for an answer. "Well, Shand...I have two things: one, how am I going to get up there, and two, what about gremelin here?" The smile on her face couldnt be helped, she liked the way that sounded.
Shand looked over to the council daughter, "Eh, well...somebodys gotta look out below for...bad guys..she seems to be the type that would excel at that..yeah, so let her be the noble and watchguard and I'll lower a rope...if I can find one without a noose on the end...that wold be just terrible!"
Samantha fought another smile and saw the council daughter sit down and glare at her, which caused Samantha to roll her eyes annoyed at the way she was acting.

6The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Tue May 31, 2011 9:21 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

*Plot Skipping*

She was deep in thought about several things..some of which really didnt matter at the moment..I mean, she was on Shand's ship, where she wanted to be..yet, her mind couldnt be stopped. Briefly she wondered what would be the reaction of the people back at home..what council daughter was doing..how much she didnt actually care about the last thought.. then things got alittle deeper. Leagues, a person's worst nightmare when dating and she was no exception, she felt as though Shand was in a completely different league than she was..one much higher than her own..she wondered what he even saw in here..what made him feel compelled to settle with a lower league member..then she jumped to the problem of Shand's visibilty to others besides Micaela and herself. No one could see him besides the other people and "real" people often questioned her sanity in loving a pirate that they thought didnt exist.
She didnt notice Shand leaning on the railing beside her until he spoke up, "Whatcha thinking about? Can't be thinking of missing me since I'm right here..Oh no, Keefe didnt look at you funny, did he? He does it to me all the time, dont let it bother you."
"No, Shand." she smiled at him, "I was just thinking about visibility is all...yours to be exact." He shot her a questioning glance and she sighed, "I'm pretty sure people are starting to think I'm mental..Or maybe I talk about you too much. They cant see you like Micaela or myself..they like to tell me I love someone who doesnt exist and I think it's starting to get to me.." She trailed off, not sure of what to say next. Shand smiled a side smile that looked alot like one that his father, Dolan, would do, "Well, if you can see me, and everyone here can, what's the hang up? Haha, Keefe can see me too but you're all that really matters...You're real to me, I'm real to you, that's all that's really important, right?"
She sighed before she nodded...that thought had actually crossed her mind awhile ago but she didnt like it or believe it then...*I suppose hearing it from him just sounds better* A breeze blew, carrying the hair of all on the deck with it. She looked out towards the horizon and saw gray clouds. Curious, she looked up and was greeted by clouds that looked the same as the others, plus a raindrop, which landed on her cheek. Meanwhile, Shand, grinning, looked up and down at Samantha and broke the silence that had formed, "I do love a good rain." Suddenly, he kissed her cheek where the raindrop had landed on it, "Hmm, taste like a pretty big storm." He gave a wink to her before continuing, "Coming from," He licked his finger and held it in the air, then poined straight up, "that way!Batten down the hatches people, whatever those are..."

7The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Admin

Admin

(haha, very nice... just to let you know, i don't have any of this x) so go as far as you want, and ill make up something if we run out Wink...)

8The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

( ;A; typing in texts is so hard..especially since I dont have mine, just yours..)

9The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:41 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

She watched as everything began to get chaotic, weather and all. She wished she could help in some way, but if she was going to be honest, she had no clue what to do to help..Of course she knew how to handle a storm on land, she loved storms and on land is a different story..If something happend out in the water, who would know about it besides those who were part of the "something". Her thoughts were interrupted when Shand spoke up,"Well, there's only one thing to do now..." He took both of her hands in his own, "You know what that is?" She stared at him confused, "We either go below deck and make out there or we can go up to the crows nest and do it there..." Her eyes were wide with surprise, "...I didnt mean, like IT...darn, how awkward..well, that's...I really didnt mean to say..well..." He blushed, ".......I, uh...you wanna look at the lightning from up there?"
*Yes!Yes!Yes!* There were several reasons she wanted to..we wont go into all of them, but on her behalf, she wouldnt have wanted to go up there for one reason if Shand hadnt had just brought it up...The other reason was simply that she loved storms and watching lightning was one of her favorite things to do..but that was dangerous on land, they were floating on top of water and thinking about going and putting themselves higher towards the lightning which was a mistake on land..."As...uh..appealing as that is, Shand, I dont think it's safe." He looked at her, "Trust me, it's really..." He smiled as he thought of the word, "Electrifying...really though, I've never personally been hit by lightning except for that one time, but that had no lasting effects..." 'Randomly', he had a spasm causing her to feel skeptic about the last statement. There was a huge crack of thunder behind him causing him to jump slightly. "Ok, so maybe this should cause a slight amount of concern...here, you go below deck, go into my room and lock the door...drag the table in front of the door if you can,I'll come let you know when it's over...it'll all be ok."
Nodding, she took off and went into his room. Quickly, she shut the door and locked it, but it took much longer to push the table in front of the door...She felt like it took hours to even get it half way there..but, finally, she got it completely in front of the door. Then, for some odd reason, she sat on top of it,thinking to herself...she would feel absolutely terrible if anything happend to Shand..or anyone on the ship for that matter..
Shand had waited until she had gone downstairs, until he heard the door close behind her...then he closed his eyes. Breathed in slowly. Now he could freak out. "Keefe, how the heck did you miss a storm this big?! We're all gonna bloody die!" Keefe glanced back at him as he pulled viciously on a wildly waving rope, the violently pouring rain stinging his face, "All except Samantha, since you put her in the freakin vault down there..." "Problem with that?" Shand crossed his arms but nearly fell over as the ship groaned and swayed spasmatically, "You can go below too if you want, I'll just go ahead and throw myself overboard-" "Shand, really, you shouldnt be joking at a time like this...I dont know if we're gonna make it out of this one..." A call came from the other side of the ship, anxious and frazzled, "Shand, she's taking on water lik a thirsty camel..." Shand swore under his breath, "Crap!...ok, maybe we really are gonna all die."

10The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:31 am

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

Shand was drenched like a drowned cat. He didnt like cats very much, which made this metaphor somewhat unpleasing to him, aside from the fact that he rather liked his hair wet, except for when it got in his eyes...like now. So he didnt like his situation at all.
"Keefe!" Shand yelled, his voice hoarse and nearly lost in the roar. "Why does it seem like we're sailing into the eye of the storm?!"
Keefe slid across the deck, "Because we are! The sails got ripped to shreds, we're dead in the water!"
"Dead, not in the water yet, but soon probably," Shand looked back just in time to see the horizontal boom swing his way with all the vicious power of the wind behind it...
The last thing Shand heard was Keefe scream his name, but it was too late. Searing pain, then blackness, and a strange, absent calm, almost as if he was no longer existant.
She heard shouts on the deck but she couldnt make out who was shouting or what they were shouting. It sounded like a name but she hoped that it just sounded like it..Alright, Samantha had had enough, she was going to go and see what was going on. Quickly, she jumped off the table then sighed..it had taken forever for her to push the table in front of the door, it would take forever to move it back. *The sooner I start, the sooner I'll be able to get out of here.*
"Shand!!...Shand!!" Through the rain, all Keefe could see was Shand's shadowed, crumpled form laying on the wet deck...Keefe just hoped it was rainwater he was laying in and not blood...he wanted to get over there, but he physically couldnt, the ship kept dipping back and forth and launching Keefe this way and that...and as Keefe held on for dear life to the mainmast, praying that Shand wasnt dead (realizing that he never thought he'd be praying to spare Shand's life if he was in a situation like this), he heard a loud crack overhead...and looked up to see that the rigging hanging loose above Shand was consumed in flames and being even more and more engulfed by the second...the ship was literally falling apart. And Shand wasnt moving.
The table was so close to being out of the way, just a few more inches...she pushed it one last time then yanked open the door. Sprinting down out to the deck probably wasnt the smartest idea, she should've thought about the fact that the ship was swayying because she fell over quite a few times, one when she had actually gotten on the deck but she quickly stood up. The sight before her would have been beautiful if it hadnt had been confusing and frightning...rain and fire..two things that shouldnt be together happening in one place..
Keefe didnt know how he had heard the thump on the deck above all the other noise, but he turned toward the noise and saw Samantha standing there in shock, her face betraying confusion and fright. Keefe gritted his teeth and forced himself to move against the ship, trying to get over to where she was, to get to her before she saw what he wanted her to miss...but before he could get to her, he heard another all-too-familiar crack, this time below him. His heart leapt into his throat. He looked down. The deck was cracking underneath his feet. "No!Nonono! Samanth-" The floor gave out under Keefe as he yelled her name, and he fell into the hold of the ship, right into a swirling whirl pool of debris and bloody water rising quickly. Keefe looked up as the ship split completely.

11The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Admin

Admin

(ok, here's my idea.... u have all my replies, and i have none of it... maybe if you post my replies and i try to post what i remember of yours (and u can add) then we might get thru this thing.... savvy? Wink

12The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:36 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

alright, that could work...so I'll play the part of "you" (Shand) and you'll play the part of me? XD Not backwards at all~

13The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

Water rushing into his nose, his ears, his lungs...places it shouldnt be...Shand coughed and gagged, the pain in his head multiplying as he did so. He forced himself to open his swollen eyelids, look around him...ocean, violent, angry, dark ocean was trying to swallow him, had obviously swalled everything else around him. The ship, the crew...he opened his mouth to scream for Samantha, but no sound came out, water rushed into his mouth and down his throat and he choked again. Why wasnt he swimming?Why couldnt he swim? He kicked his legs violently, and was rewarded with a deep, throbbing pain in his lower leg. It made him want to scream, to pass out again and be free of it, but he couldnt do either...his leg was pinned between two massive pieces of wood...from what had once been his ship. As the waves crashed around him and jerked the wooden beams around, Shand moaned at the excruciating pain, becoming lightheaded. He closed his eyes, realized it was time to let go...he had always loved the ocean...

(I want you to know how weird it feels typing my own name into a story xD )

14The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Admin

Admin

(haha, this whole experience is going to be weird... oh, by the way.... do u have any idea what ur next little portion was about? x) )

15The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:46 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

(it will be hard...quite hard...I'm not entirely sure..I think I was confused cuz I was on the ship one second and in water the next, then i began to look around for someone..anyone....that's a complete guess actually xD made it up......I feel weird talking about myself x) )

16The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Admin

Admin

man, this is gonna be rough... haha, if you semi-remember, how bout u post what u do remember, and i'll add in what your post makes me remember? x) this could be a lost cause...

17The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:14 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

we can always start over or drop this if it's becoming too difficult Crying or Very sad or plot skip to the island xD I dont think Shand would be a fan of us skipping out on his "bedtime story" but hey..what can you do? If it makes him feel better, I can still post all of his (your) responses Wink

18The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Admin

Admin

haha, perfect idea... skip to where we left off... i think that would be acceptable, if you could post the last little scene thing please, and we can take it from there.... see, this is why i need you x)

19The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 am

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

x) haha you dont need me...i'm pretty sure my comment was a lazy way out xD
Alright~ here we go~
*Major Plot Skipping*

A sudden noise startled him, made him open his eyes...from the underbrush, he could see a girl standing on the sand, looking frantically around her. He pushed himself further into the shadows. Who she was, he didnt know...and he wasnt sure it was wise for him to find out.
She wasnt sure what made the noise, but it was at the end of the trail in the sand. "Shand?" She asked as she walked forward, cautiously...probably more than needed.
She wasnt stopping. And he couldnt back kup any further. Why he felt like he neeed to get away, why this wasnt safe, he didnt know-hang it all, he knew nothing! He tried to stay as quiet as possible as he pushed himself against the trunk of a tree and closed his eyes...until he unintentionally took too large a breath and cried out it pain...followed by a fearful silence.
By now she knew exactly whose scream that was. Her footsteps became quicker but still cautious. "Shand?" She felt stupid just saying his name over and over again but it was about all she could do at the moment.
The footsteps were getting closer together, faster, and he couldnt decide whether to call out for her help or someone elses help against her...What was she saying over and over again? Sand? There was plenty of that on the beach...why was she coming this way? He tried to push himself further into the underbrush, but found himself unable to move another muscle. Branches parted overhead, and white light poured in. Shand turned his head, shielded his eyes, and raised his arm in a pitiful attempt to protect himself...
There was another sound of movement at the end of the trail then the brush parted and she could see a figure. She practically ran forward this time until she was about a foot away. She tilted her head to the side as she examined him...he was still just as hurt as he had been before on the raft. The one thing she was really curious about was whether he was shielding himself from the light or her.

20The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Admin

Admin

(ok, dont remember at all what comes next, so im goin from scratch again Wink )

The girl looking down at him tilted her head strangely, as if she were confused to see him here.
"Why are you following me?" he managed to get out through clenched teeth. The effort of speaking made his world fade and spin for a moment, but he closed his eyes momentarily and his sight returned.

21The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:58 pm

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

(wasnt that the point of the plot skipping? x) )

She frowned confused...what did he mean about "following" him? She wasnt following, she was looking for him...I mean, wasnt that what she was supposed to do after losing him? You lose something, you go find it. Common logic... "Following, Shand? I was looking for you because we got separated in case you didnt know." Wait..if he questioned her does that mean he wasnt looking for her or going to look for her? She didnt like how much her brain was thinking into his words...

22The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Admin

Admin

"What do you mean, separated?" The pain exploded in his head again as he tried to speak. He felt rather helpless, bleeding and possibly dying in front of this stranger whom he wasnt sure was a threat or a help. "I dont know... I dont even know who you are..."

23The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:57 am

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

She didnt know what to say after that..didnt know her? How? Didnt they just spend a most of a day on his ship together? Well...half on the ship half on a raft. "What do you mean? I'm Samantha..." She had a feeling of what was going on but she didnt want to believe it...

24The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:53 am

Admin

Admin

"Well you don't have to rub it in my face," Shand moaned. The words coming out of his mouth felt... they felt foggy almost, as if he didn't know what he was saying, but the words just kept coming anyway, adding to his growing overall confusion. "Just because you know your name doesn't make you eligible for any awards or anything.... wait, who did you say I was again?"

25The Shipwreck Empty Re: The Shipwreck Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 am

ArmyBarracksKeeper

Admin

She frowned, "Your name is Shand." It didnt look like that rang a bell with him. "It's like sand with an h." He didnt remember her..alright, kinda hurtful... but he didnt remember himself? That's cause for extreme alarm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum